Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs writing project is now on its 4th year. The goal is to identify new and emerging blogs who are making an impact to its readers in 2010. Blogs that are qualified to be on the list are those that started anytime from March 1, 2009 to the present.
Here is my list of Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs for 2010:
1. Christian Homeschooler – an attempt to journal bits and pieces of our family’s homeschooling journey. I am a licensed teacher by profession but deviated to staying at home to be able to homeschool our 4 year old son (he’s 5 now) and work from home at the same time.
2. Gadgets and Tech – a blog where you can read about the latest on gadgets and just about every tech. Yes, this is my husband’s tech blog and he recently just raffled off a Samsung mobile and a Power Mac GC worth P2, 000. We will be meeting up with the winner this weekend!
3. Topaz Mommy – there’s no way I’m going on nominating other blogs without including my dear friend’s mommy blog to my list. Frances subtitled her blog, “read about my (mis)adventures into the strange new world of motherhood.” This soon-to-pop mommy is a very passionate woman and a great writer too.
4. Third World Nerd – “home to the rantings of Vince Sales, former editor of one third world country’s leading tech magazine, gadget tester, gamer, writer, and nerd supreme for thirty six years.” He’s so good at what he does that he was cited by CNET no less on his first month of blogging! And did I mention, he’s the better half of Topaz Mommy.
5. Foodie Manila - “Serving you the best the metro has to offer in bite size servings.” Carlos knows so well that I’m a great fan of his. I have never appreciated food photography until I saw his shots. Seriously. Up until now, I still await on the workshop he promised to offer. Head over his site and I need not say more.
6. Fat Girl No More – “saying goodbye to obesity one day at a time.” I’m all into supporting Ria on her quest to reach her ideal weight. I love that she is positive about this quest and actually allowed the world to watch her do it – one day at a time.
7. Surviving Autism – “The Trials, Triumphs And Joys Of Loving, Living And Caring For A PWA (Person With Autism).” Earth is a parent to an eight year old girl with autism. She dedicates her blog to share her experiences in raising a child with autism and she hopes to minister to those who are in the same boat.
8. Mommy Lace – “Pregnancy, Baby and Mommy Blog.” Lace started this blog when she was yet infanticipating. She regularly documents events and whatnots from her pregnancy, childbirth and now that she is sailing beautifully into mommyhood with 2 month old Baby Ashton.
9. Reluctant Stylista – “Traipsing the world of style, one fashionable step at a time.” Alex has a very interesting story to tell. From how she was once tomboyish and to now that she has embraced to appreciate how it is to look good. I love that her writing style is so real, into your face and no pretenses. My ideal kind of vanity, I’d say.
10. Feeling Photographer “quest on learning photography.” I share with Beth, my bff from middle school, a love for photography. She documents through this photo blog random shots, mostly of her kids and places she travels to.
Thank you Ms. Janette Toral for this project that allows emerging blogs to be recognized. Thanks to those sponsors who supported this writing project, namely: Events and Corporate Video, Budget hotel in Makati,Pinoy Party Food, Copyediting Services, PR Agency Philippines, Budget Travel Philippines, Send Gifts to the Philippines, Black Friday Deals, Roomrent – units for rent, Search Profile Index, and Corporate Events Organizer.