This is the newest addition to our growing list of tongue twisters!
Young Yalta Yak knew when not to Yak
Why tongue twisters? Because it helps the child to get better at articulating words quickly and clearly. Tongue twisters should be done repeatedly and as quickly as possible without mistakes.
Tongue twisters are fun and help improve a child’s language awareness and pronunciation skills. Here are some more popular tongue twisters:
Betty Botter bought some butter
But she said the butter’s bitter
If I put it in my batter
It will make the batter bitter
But a bit of better butter
Will make my batter better
So she bought a bit of butter
Better than her bitter butter
And she put it in her batter
So ‘twas better Betty Botter
Bought a bit of better butter. Read this article »
One of the newer things that we have been doing lately in our homeschool class is tongue twisters. Tongue twisters help preschoolers to recognize the words better as they hear the sound.
Here is a list of the tongue twisters that we have been working on in the last couple of weeks. All of them have something to do with the 23 letter sounds that we have learned to date:
1. Abbie Antelope had an accident.
2. Milton Mule made a mini mule.
3. “Splash, swish.” Sandy Sunfish swims.
4. Felix Fox follows Father Fox.
5. Ricky Rabbit rode the Rabbitville Rainbow Train.
6. Ellie Elephant exclaimed excitedly.
7. Brave Bucky Buffalo flew in a balloon.
8. Nicky Nightingale noticed new neighbors.
9. Gary Goldfish grew in Giggle Gaggle Gulf.
10. Tiny Tiger counted ten tiny tarts.
11. Petey Peacock praised Piney Pine.
12. Inchy Inchworm’s itchy-pox itched.
13. “Drum-diddy-drum-drum,” Davie Duck drummed.
14. Hellelujah! Here’s Humphrey Hippopotamus.
15. Oliver Ostrich was not an olive.
16. Little, lively Leonardo Lizard leaped.
17. Kikki Kangaroo came from Kalamazoo.
18. Connie Cockatoo’s company came to Country Castle.
19. Jimmy Jaguar saw a Jingle-Jangle Juggler.
20. Whoops! Wacky Walrus was wounded.
21. Unkie Umbrella Bird found an unusual pup.
22. Victor Vole vacuumed with vim and vigor.
23. Quentin Quail was quite good at quick quiz questions.