Our family chose School of Tomorrow’s (Accelerated Christian Education) Preschool with Ace and Christ curriculum when we started homeschooling our 4 year old son June of 2009. Here’s to give our readers a preview what this curriculum offers and its benefits that led us to choose the program.
Accelerated Christian Education’s learning-to-read program is called Preschool with Ace and Christi. This is a multisensory, phonetic program, designed to prepare a child for the individualized instruction of the A.C.E. program. This learning-to-read program should be attempted only after a child has been diagnosed “ready to read” using the Ace and Christi Reading Readiness Test. Within a period of 12 to 15 weeks, he will become acquainted with phonics through animals, songs, and stories. These features will help him learn and associate letter sounds, alphabet sequence, and word relationships. Additional activities have also been designed to help the student in his physical and character development.
Preschool with Ace and Christi utilizes a number of outstanding reading tools, such as a specially developed alphabet sequence, songs for each of the sounds, poems, displays, and physical activities. Additionally, character development activities and Bible stories are built in. The program is designed to be used in conjunction with Word Building PACEs 1001-1012, Math PACEs 1001-1003, Animal Science PACEs 1001-1012, and Bible Reading PACEs 1001-1012.
- Reading Readiness Test
- Specially developed alphabet sequence
- Songs for each of the sounds
- Poems, displays, and physical activities
- Post Test
- Review Manual
Benefits – Foundation for Reading Mastery
- Prepares your child for success in the Accelerated Christian Education PACE curriculum
- Enables your child to develop the skills, master the concepts, and achieve the level of physical development necessary for success in reading
- Lays a solid foundation on which to build the rest of your child’s education
- Saves preparation time
- Permits more efficient use of the teacher’s energy in interaction with your child
Components of ABCs with Ace and Christi Kit (for home educators)
These items may be purchased separately:
- ABCs with Ace and Christi Reading Readiness Test
- Daily Instructional Manual, Volumes I and II
- ABCs Audio Cassette Tape – includes alphabet sounds, the alphabet sequence song, and each animal song
- 36 Flash (small display) Cards – one for each letter sound
- 36 “T” and “K” Cards – for learning formation of letters and numbers through tactile and kinetic stimulation
- Student PACE Kit (Math 1001-1003, Word Building 1001-1012)
- Student Kit (Progress Chart, Coloring Sheets [45/Pkg.], Post Test [including Test Key], Diploma, Bible Stickers, Stars, Goal Cards [20/pkg.], Progress Report, and Master Record Sheet)
More information is provided here.