Bannister Academy will be one of the first buildings in Circulo Verde, a new residential community being developed along Calle Industria in Quezon City. John-D Borra, the Bannister Academy’s Headmaster, explains that the school gives parents three promises. “First, we focus on practical education,” he says. “We want students to become street-smart, to be kids who can, figuratively speaking, be dropped in Divisoria and not only find their way back home but are also able to make friends with the vendors. Second, through our mentoring program, we keep pace with the kids, and we can be as crazy and fun as they need us to be. Third, we encourage parents to be involved with their child’s education, to share the responsibility and help their child explore and develop their social intelligence.”
Bannister academy is giving out a 4-year full financial scholarship to deserving high school students. One (1) boy and one (1) girl will be selected.
Now even as our family is into homeschooling, we know for a fact that it is not for everyone. But we do believe that children should be given the best quality education, whenver possible. Here are the details about the financial scholarship Bannister Academy is giving out.
Who is qualified?
· Anyone who is eligible for transfer to 1st or 2nd year high school*;
· Demonstrates good moral character;
· Has a strong drive to excel
*It is necessary to present supporting documents of eligibility
How many entries can be nominated?
· You can nominate only one (1) entry.
What should the entry contain?
All entries should include the following:
1. Your name and your relationship to the nominee
2. Basic Information of the student:
– Full Name
– Date of birth (date-month-year)
3. Contact details: Landline number, cellphone number and e-mail address
4. A 300-word essay by the student, answering the question, “How can I change the world?”
Where should I send my entry?
· All entries should be e-mailed to email@example.com on or before March 9, 2011.
When will candidates be selected?
· 10 finalists will be selected, 5 girls and 5 boys. The Names of finalists will be announced on March 11, 2011. They will be contacted personally and through their registered guardians.
· All finalists have to take an entrance exam and interview on March 14. Winners will be awarded on March 19, during the Bannister Open House.
We are totally supporting academic advocacies, scholarships such as this. Even campaigns that give away hp desktops to schools and exceptional students. My hope is that more good schools will offer scholarships to provide opportunities to deserving students who otherwise cannot afford.